With cPanel you can reset your email password and manage email accounts on the fly.
WARNING!! You should only use your email address and password combination on your official webmail link… nowhere else!! Your webmail link will look something like this: www.yourwebsitename.co.za:2096
You will be redirected to a secure login after typing the address in your browser’s address bar (do not search for it on Google), use your email address and password to log in.
You can use WebMail when:
- you are not close to your device and you want to check email
- you have trouble receiving mails on your device
- you want to send and receive emails
- you want to retrieve all the configuration settings needed to set up your devices or email clients like outlook or mail app
If you would like to use webmail only, you are welcome too, we highly recommend the RoundCube app inside webmail.
Resetting your email password
NB: Remember only the administrator of your account can manage your email address, not any employees etc.
First: Go to your webmail link (add /webmail after your website name) you will see the screen below:
Click the Reset Password below the login button, then:
- On the next screen you will be prompted to enter your username, contact us if you do not know your username, you can contact us via whatsapp, sms or email. Please find all our details on the contact page.
- When your username is correctly entered you will need to confirm your alternative email address in the block provided.
- Now check your email for a security code, do not close the window.
- Paste the security code sent to your email address into the box and click submit.
- If the security code was correct you will be prompted to enter a new password and confirm it.
- All set!! You have now changed your cPanel password and you can proceed to changing your email password.
Managing email accounts and passwords:
You will be prompted to log into cPanel after you reset your cPanel password.
If you have accidently closed the web page after resetting your password you can simply add /cpanel after your website url, just like this:
Log in with your username (not email address) and new password you will see the following screen:
Steps to resetting an email password:
- Click on the Email Accounts icon just below the Email heading
- You will be redirected to a screen where you can quickly add an email address, scroll down and you will see a list of all accounts.
- Find the account you need to change and click on the password icon next to its name.
- Type a new password and repeat the password, that’s it!!
You will now be able to log in again 🙂
Please let us know if you have found this information useful, you may comment below if you wish. Our HostONE website hosting package includes cPanel. This gives you full control over your website’s backend files and email accounts.
PS. Any good web host should give you a control panel, sometimes the type differs but in essence they all work on the same. principle.