Quick Steps to updating WordPress Software (Core, Themes and Plugins)
- Create a Backup of your WordPress Site and Database.
- Test your backup and make sure everything works.
- Log in to your WordPress website and click the update buttons on your theme, WordPress Installation or Plugins respectively.
- Check your website to be sure everything works just fine.
- If all went well you can delete the old backup and create a new backup.
For a more detailed explanation click here
Easy ways to upgrade your WordPress
1. Ask us 🙂 – Follow the WordPress change log to learn when serious vulnerabilities are patched for your WordPress version. You may then purchase our Quick Care Plan, it will enable us to visit your site and upgrade your software. Keep in mind, this excludes themes and plugins, you will have to follow their change logs respectively, but while we are there, we will update those too!
2. Get a website Care Plan – Get peace of mind to know that your website’s software gets updated on a regular basis, our care plans are value packed and includes development time as well, and if your website didn’t need many software updates in any particular month, we will have more time to do anything else on your website as time allows.
3. Use Softaculous – Softaculous is an app installer bundled with cPanel, if your WordPress website was installed using Softaculous you will be able to easily backup your site and database before running the upgrade. If Softaculous was not used, you will have to take the manual approach.